Excursion Australia 1995
In 1995 the Institute of Mining Engineering I undertook a field trip to Australia from October 8th to October 29th. Besides mining operations, the attendees were able to visit teaching and research institutions of two universities. They were given knowledge about diversity and specialties of local academic education and, in addition, got the chance of getting to know culture and people.
Stops on the trip
The following mine sites and research institutions were visited within the framework of this fieldtrip:
- Mount Isa
- James Cook University in Townsville
- German Creek Mines in Middlemount
- Callide Coalfields in Biloela
- University of New South Wales in Sydney
- Coal-export-harbor Port Waratah in Newcastle
- Heavy-metal-sands in Hawks Nest
- Elura Mine at Cobar
- Broken Hill
- Olympic Dam in Roxby Downs
- Opalfields of Andamooka
The dispatch of the fieldtrip gives a detailed overview of the visits, experiences and impressions made by the attendees during the fieldtrip.