Excursion Germany / Austria / France 2006
From August 28 – September 9, 2006 the Institute of Mining Engineering I, along with 11 students and assistants, visited Austria, France and Southern Germany on a mining excursion.
Most of the reports on the respective excursions visits were written by the students themselves. On 13 site visits, including visits to underground mines, industry supplier enterprises, an university and to two technical museums, the participants were able to gain a representative insight into mining and engineering in those regions.
Stops on the trip
As part of the excursion, the following mining companies, universities, industry supplier enterprises and museums were:
- Voest Alpine Bergtechnik Gesellschaft mbH
- Montanuniversität Leoben
- Magnesitbergwerk Breitenau
- Scheelitbergwerk Grube Mittersill
- Salzbergwerk Berchtesgaden
- Deutsches Museum München
- Besucherbergwerk Schauinsland
- Liebherr-France SAS
- Herrenknecht AG
- Fluss- und Schwerspat-Grube Clara
- Steinsalzbergwerk Heilbronn
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim
In the excursion report, you’ll find an extensive review of visits, experiences and impressions that the participants were able to gain during their stay in Southern Germany, Austria and France.