Excursion Turkey 2009
From August 04 – September 18, 2009 the Institute of Mining Engineering I, along with 12 students and assistants, visited Turkey on a mining excursion.
Most of the reports on the respective excursions visits were written by the students themselves. On 13 site visits, including visits to underground mines, open pit mines, two universities and to two future mining projects, the participants were able to gain a representative insight into mining and engineering in those regions.
Stops on the trip
As part of the excursion, the following mining companies and universities were visited:
- SARDES NICKEL MADENCILIK A.S.
- OVACIK GOLD MINE, KOZA GOLD
- KISLADAG GOLD MINE, ELDORADO GOLD
- LIGNITE MINE GARP LIGNITE, TKI
- EMET BOR MINE, ETI MINE WORKS A.S.
- DUMLUPINAR UNIVERSITY
- MIHALCIK-PROJECT, ADULARYA ENERGY
- CAYIRHAN LIGNITE MINE
- TRONA MINE, ETI SODA
- TKI HEADQUARTER ANKARA
- KOZLU HARD COAL MINE, TTK
- AMASRA HARD COAL-PROJECT, HEMA ENERGY
In the excursion report, you will find an extensive review of visits, experiences and impressions that the participants were able to gain during their stay in Turkey.