Sustainability in industrial small scale mining
identifying the contribution to sustainable supply of raw materials
Current projects dealing with sustainable development and resource extraction focus primarily on large-scale mining – especially surface mining – and artisanal gold mining. It is examined whether extraction of small high-quality deposits, with the additional consideration of social and ecological aspects, could be of a higher sustainable value than large-scale mining.
The evaluation is exemplary of the commodity gold, but the methodology can be applied to other commodities respectivley.
- Are there conditions under which industrial small-scale mining is cheaper than conventional large-scale mining?
- Methodology for assessing the contributions small industrial mining on Sustainable Development (Gold Case)
- Development of technical concepts for small industrial mining equipment for the purposes of sustainable development
- Can small-scale mining be fit into the industrial sustainability debate?
- Does industrial small-scale mining increase global resources?